Saturday 19 September 2015

Reading Review #1

Hi everyone

  Since this is my first blog and I'm not techy, I have no idea what I'm doing. Sorry if my blog is kind of boring looking.  My school has purchased twenty iPads and I am sort of in charge of setting them up to be used by the students. It is very important to me that the devices are used to enhance learning and not just become a fun gadget with which to play. I have had an iPad for three years and use it for everything, reading, Netflix, banking, the list could go on, but I'm not really sure how to best use iPads in the classroom or library.


      Luckily, I have found an great website to explore.  Kathy Schrock's, Ipads4teaching,
http://www.ipads4teaching.net/ipads-in-the-classroom.html.  This sight looks amazing.  She has tons of links to everything I can think of. Some of the links that I want to explore are: K to 12 list of apps, iPad lit circles, exploring the use of iPads for literacy learning, to name just a few.  One topic I have been having difficulty finding information on is how best to manage the use of the iPad with multiple users. I know iPads aren't really set up to work this way, but unfortunately we only have one set. If anyone knows of a website I could look at or a school that has a good plan for this please let me know.

That's it for now

1 comment:

  1. A decent start Julie! The design/colour of your blog is not important, but what you write and what you have to say is! Identifying what you are challenged with and what you hope to achieve is a great way to get going on our reading review. I would have liked to read more about your experiences and role so far, to learn more about your current context and rationale for your potential research topics. Also, you've picked a great resource in Kathy Schrock. She rocks!

    ReplyDelete